Sunday, July 15, 2007

JoN - Front Office

Traders Hotel was involved in a huge project where the old system was replaced and its data had to be migrated to the new one. It had been a really tough period for my dad, especially since he was the project leader. A month ago, he called telling me he would need my help when that time comes as he had a shortage of staff. I agreed of course.

Over the weeks, my dad was coming home late and leaving early for work (Like 5 or 6). It simply hurt to see him exhausted and all. So I was praying hard to God, hoping that everything would turn out smoothly for my dad.. My prayers were answered haha!

So I went to the hotel early this morning to meet my dad. Didn't expect to see my dad look so shabby in his suit la. However, I was proud to see my dad handling the guests like a professional. Opening the elevator doors for a trio of women with such a wide smile etc. It was obvious that his face was crying out for sleep with the eye bags and all but he took it like a day of work. Dad told me that he hadn't slept since Saturday morning 6-30am. That's like 30+ hrs?!

Surprisingly, he told me that he may not need my help anymore. Apparently, the data that consists of histories of guests etc were already keyed into the new system. Haha. Thus, dad brought me up to his room where I pigged till 11am whilst he finishes his handovers and stuff.

I was entrusted with something impt in my possession after he left. Hurry ask me and i'll tell you guys lol!

He has the time to listen. Do you have the time to ask?