Sunday, October 01, 2006

JoN - Cups & buses

I wldn't say work was tough today. Was supposed to tend to a few customers in the alfresco area. Easy part..
The only thing was, once a table was billed, another grp would come and take their seats.. Without saying, I wd have to take their orders and fill up their glasses with water!!!! Water.. Sometimes my throat thirsts soo much, I get wild thoughts of cherubims pouring the precious, life-giving liquid over me... Mana frm heaven man...
Argh, this went on in a vicious, perpetual cycle of...
Obnoxiously impatient caucasians, menu, water, plates, bill, Visa
Studious s'poreans reading the papers (..or rather great acting on their part), bill, Amex, wipe wipe
An intimate les couple, menu, questions, salt shaker, wipe spilled drink, bill, cash payment..
Had loads of fun honestly said. Irene let me off early today cos I told her earlier in the morning that i was still recovering frm a bout of flu. Yipee..

Anyways, there's something i really wanna get my mind off. It was something that I suddenly rmbered after hanging out TOO LONG with Chris. haha. Well composing sms text messages are a breeze with that predictive text input function in our handphones. Its supposed to make text messaging a pleasant experience instead of a complicated issue altogether. Seriously speaking, its true. HOWEVER, there are times when it really turns me into an overnight retard..
This happened a couple of months ago. Was supposed to meet a grp of friends for dinner that night and one of them was late. She just knocked off frm work and was rushing down in a bus. So I decided to drop a msg and "jee siow" her. Apparently, the word "cup" shares very much the same input text as "bus".
A
At
Cup
Sadly, I was silly enough not to check my msg and sent her...


"Wot happened to ur cup? Broke down or something?"


Chris told me abt his own experience after he saved me frm sending another "bus-ty" msg to my dad. "I'm on my way back frm the airport in the cup.."

(SOrry dude but i'm abt to spill ur secret haha.)

He wrote a msg to a girl, "Which cup are u on?" LOL!

Crikes. Time to pack up for camp! Rock on dudes..
Not