Tuesday, January 29, 2008

chris - during the skeptic times, now i know why...

i used to be a diehard skeptic,
esp after since when i broke up with meihua last time,
and was bitter at pretty much everything christian
this kind of echoes the days i was skeptic, even now, somtimes,
i become skeptic at times.. gee

from an article on the web

"

To be honest, I also had another motive. As I challenged those who believed in God, I
was deeply curious to see if they could convince me otherwise. Part of my quest was to become free from the question of God. If I could conclusively prove to believers that they were wrong, then the issue is off the table, and I would be free to go about my life.

proof of GodI didn't realize that the reason the topic of God weighed so heavily on my mind, was because God was pressing the issue. I have come to find out that God wants to be known. He created us with the intention that we would know him. He has surrounded us with evidence of himself and he keeps the question of his existence squarely before us. It was as if I couldn't escape thinking about the possibility of God. In fact, the day I chose to acknowledge God's existence, my prayer began with, "Ok, you win..." It might be that the underlying reason atheists are bothered by people believing in God is because God is actively pursuing them.

"